We would like to invite you to participate in the 2016 Michigan Thespian Festival. Each year, the Michigan Educational Theatre Association (META) hosts an annual, two-day theatre festival for high school students from across the State of Michigan. This year’s Festival will be held on Dec.2&3 at Saginaw Valley State University.
For general information about the Festival, click on the Michigan Thespian Festival link.
There are six possible access points for you and/or your institution to directly interact with over 1500 of the top high school students from throughout the State of Michigan. You can access the forms by simply clicking on the words at the each of each option. Each form will have a contact person’s email if you have any questions.
- Workshop Presentations: Workshop presenters can make $100 for each workshop session taught over the course of the two days of Festival. Multiple sessions (of 90 minutes) offered both days. Choose your area of expertise. WORKSHOP APPLICATION FORM
- Adjudication: Adjudicators can make $200 judging a wide variety of individual events including (acting, musical theater, dance, playwriting, short film, stage management, costume design, costume construction, make-up design, theatre marketing, scenic design, sound design and lighting design) on Friday, December 5 from 10:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. Lunch is provided. ADJUDICATION APPLICATION FORM
- Information Booths & Vendors: This allows you recruitment opportunities and a chance to “sell” your program or products to high school theatre students and their teachers, while also allowing students a chance to ask questions and receive registration and audition information from your school or organization. Offered both Friday and Saturday. EXHIBITOR BOOTH FORM
- Advertising & Sponsorship: Take advantage of the time of year you can reach all the theatre students of Michigan; and what better time to do it than when they are having the time of their lives. You have the opportunity to advertise your program/products to theatre students, teachers and theatre professionals–all in one shot. Now, with our Guidebook App, your ad is interactive and will be viewed thousands of times over throughout the weekend as well as through the school year ahead. ADVERTISING FORM
- The College Scholarship Competition: The most exciting and promising opportunity to really attract top notch students to your school is to partake in our college scholarship competition. Your representative(s) will get to see the best of the best seniors in the State of Michigan and you will get to choose (under your own conditions) how much and what type of scholarship(s) you would like to offer. The advantage to students is that they don’t have to travel all over to audition for schools whose audition dates often conflict. The advantage to you is that you get to see some of the most talented students from Michigan all in one day (and many of whom might not make it to your school’s auditions otherwise). This is now the largest scholarship competition in the country.
COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP FORM
- Swag/Prize donation: Exhibitors are highly encouraged to donate product(s) to our prize drawing. Exhibitors are given stamps to acknowledge when they are visited by students or teachers. Attendees who collect stamps from enough exhibitors are entered into a prize drawing for the donated items as well as for other prizes. This is a great way to build excitement for your brand. Those that donate are mentioned in front of all participants at the Awards Ceremony. EXHIBITOR FORM
Hotel Arrangements: META does not provide accommodations for the festival. If you are interesting in arranging for accommodations, however, there is a META Group rate available to you at the Hampton Inn & Suites-Saginaw. Phone: (989) 797-2220.
2695 Tittabawassee Rd, Saginaw, MI 48604
College Students: While the opportunities above are intended for teachers and professionals, we do hire college students to be Timers for our Individual Events on Friday. This pays $50 for an 11AM-6PM commitment. Here is direct link to that registration form: TIMERS AND RUNNERS APPLICATION FORM
Anne-Marie Roberts (Information Booth/Vendor Coordinator)
Erik Hart (College Scholarships Coordinator/Advertising Coordinator)
John Rutherford (Adjudicators Coordinator)
Sean Kifer (Workshop Coordinator)